We are seeking a talented Senior DevOps Engineer. The Senior DevOps Engineer is a hands on technical position responsible for designing and implementing common framework solutions in a cloud based environment. In the world of DevOps, infrastructure and code become one. This person will drive platform enhancements, enable automation/self-service and implement new solutions that enable Dev Ops capabilities. As part of the greater Technology Operations & Infrastructure team, this person will be responsible for supporting the end to end deployment of platform systems – from virtual networks, to servers, to application services for an e-commerce environment.
- Implement & build automation tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, and Python scripting for streamlined deployments & systems updates.
- Creating monitoring capabilities & alerting for Technical Operations Center (TOC) team members.
- Design & deploy cloud platform capabilities using AWS (full stack – network, load balancing, DNS, security, databases).
- Implement infrastructure capabilities in an automated cloud world – such as backups, security tools, IAM, monitoring, etc.
- Perform advanced technical troubleshooting for cloud & e-commerce environments.
- Engineer automation tools and the continuous delivery process.
- Work extensively with continuous integration systems and are able to translate that understanding into workable pipelines and tools.
- Implement and support a multi-cloud/hybrid solutions for disaster recovery.
- Enhance system performance and features on a regular basis for enhanced customer experience.
- Lead technical operations projects from requirements to design to implementation to operations.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field from an accredited four year university required.
- 5+ years’ experience in a system administrator role.
- Strong knowledge of the Dev Ops tool chain on Linux/windows platforms; Jenkins, Python/C++/Java, Ansible, Puppet, Confluence, git/tfs, Jasmine, chocolaty, cloud formation, etc.
- Deploying automation solutions in a public cloud environment such as AWS.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills across the enterprise.
- Deployed applications in Amazon AWS, Google or Azure.
- Migrated applications from on premise data centers to cloud service providers.
- Proficiency in system design & architecture.
- Fluency in Java or other object-oriented programming languages.
Type de poste : Contractual
Localisation : Montréal
Date de début : ASAP
Durée : 12 months
Salaire : Open