Career Opportunity and Primary Roles / Responsibilities
We are currently seeking software engineers/analysts to support the development of embedded software for several on-going Aerospace projects including Flight Management Systems, Fuel Management Systems, Health and Usage Monitoring systems, Real-Time Operating Systems, and Ground Collision Avoidance Systems. The positions are based in Montreal.
The candidate’s excellent technical skills will be used to design, develop and maintain software based on system specifications. The software code developed may cover a wide range of programming languages and address both low-level operating system software components and higher level application elements. The candidate will ensure the use of appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the product development life cycle to support the embedded software generation.
Interfacing with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel may also be required. The candidate must be able to work independently and in collaboration with other team members and project stakeholders. Excellent communication skills will be required.
Although the primary role would be to develop embedded software, opportunities for professional growth in other areas like software verification, systems engineering, and aircraft simulator development may arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering disciplines from an accredited institute
- Experience in software engineering techniques, design methodologies (including UML to communicate ideas and architecture) and software development practices (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
- Significant experience with C/C++ Programming Languages.
- Significant experience with Real-Time operating systems, for example: o Kernel development contribution. o Kernel configuration. o Board support package or device driver development.
- Experience with development tools architecture and configuration (Eclipse, GDB, GCC …)
- Experience with a range of chipset architectures (PowerPC would be preferable)
- Experience in the use of emulators, logic analyzers, language simulators and software probing equipment
- Experience in Integrating Real-Time Embedded and Application Software, including Hardware/Software Integration
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to report work status concisely and accurately to the Project Manager as requested
- Self-Motivated Team Member
Other Competency Assets
- Experience with other programming languages (e.g. Assembly, Ada, C#, Microsoft .Net/WPF)
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C or other safety-critical software life cycle process
- Knowledge of Integrated Modular Avionics (RTCA/DO-297, ARINC 653, ARINC 661, ARINC 664)
- Knowledge of Communication Protocols (Ethernet/AFDX, ARINC 429, RS 422, CANbus and USB 2.0)
- Experience with Linux, VxWorks, Integrity or µC/OS-II
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and French (oral and written)
- Occasional travel required to customer sites (usually within North America)
- Possibility of assignment to customer site within the Montreal area
- Must be a Permanent Resident or Citizen of Canada
Type de poste : Permanent
Localisation : Montréal
Date de début : ASAP
Durée : N/A
Salaire : Open